<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d22619568\x26blogName\x3dICT+in+action\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://tales-from-tighnabruaich.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://tales-from-tighnabruaich.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d3256462085123763469', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

ICT in action

What is happening in a school near you.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

More goodies arrive


Today I received some more of my Masterclass orders. I have got a copy of iWorks which is new generation Appleworks. I have had a quick look at it and will let you know how I find it's use in comparison to Appleworks. New Macs, I believe do not ship with Appleworks so I thought it advisable to get to know this new product. I also got iLife 06, mainly for the iWeb that it contains- this looks like websites for dummies which is just what I need ( but looks very professional). Lastly I got a game called Toysight Gold, the Mac equivelant of Playstation eyetoy. I look forward to trying it with the class and they were thrilled to see it come out of the box.
All Argyll schools have been issued with a copy and site licence for ComicLife. I showed my class today how it works- just the basics, and at choosing time Rory and Brandon P2, wanted to use it with the IWB. They took a photo of Spencer, loaded it into iPhoto, cropped it and dragged it into ComicLife where they added speech bubbles and captions. They were delighted with the end product and want to upload it to the teddy blog. Unfortunately we seem unable to upload in school as iGear blocks our attempts so I have to load things in at home.

1 Comments:

  • At 3/14/2006 11:40 pm, Blogger ab said…

    Comic LIfe is one of the best things I have ever seen for a computer, so I hope you enjoy it. Have you tried saving as HTML? Instant comic webpages - wonderful! You should be able to upload the pictures from school though, as iGear shouldn't block this. What type of picture are you trying to upload?

    I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Toysight Gold - I really liked the eyetoy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home