<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d22619568\x26blogName\x3dICT+in+action\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://tales-from-tighnabruaich.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://tales-from-tighnabruaich.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d3256462085123763469', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

ICT in action

What is happening in a school near you.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Look no wires!!






















I continue to be amazed by technology. Today I took delivery of my shiny new wireless router from BT and proceeded to set up my eMac and then my G4 laptop to the internet. All went well but I had a problem with the wireless connection. I phoned BT and I was soon chatting to someone in the Mac department ( well done BT ) who was able to sort out the problem and within half an hour I was able to surf from anywhere in the house.
I shall no longer have to compete with Bebo and MSN messenger for surfing time with my daughter and my husband will be able to get to sleep without me clicking away in a dark corner of the bedroom of an evening, or worse.... Skyping with Marlyn even though I am using the headphones. Absolutely marvellous!
Been reading the e-mail from LTScotland with regard to SSDN mentors being the ones who will get accommodation at SETT 2006. We are having a Masterclass conference in June, when we will get up to speed with the developments...can' t wait!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home