<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d22619568\x26blogName\x3dICT+in+action\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://tales-from-tighnabruaich.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://tales-from-tighnabruaich.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d3256462085123763469', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

ICT in action

What is happening in a school near you.

Monday, April 03, 2006

New life...new beginnings


Easter Holidays have arrived and I am ready for the break and so are the children. Looking forward to the continuing exploits of the teddies and doing more with the whiteboard.
I always get quite nostalgic in April as it is the anniversary of my start in teaching, 22 years ago, as well as my engagement, 21 years ago and the birth of my eldest 18 years ago. And to add another new beginning -well almost in April - I have been successful in my interview for a Principal Teacher Post at Dunoon Primary.
After 22 years in our wee school I have decided that the time is right for a change and I feel the need to expand my horizons. An exciting new challenge awaits as I will have responsibility for Pre-5 and infants as well as my own class. Of course I have mixed feelings about the change but as I am often told ,"What's for ye will no go by ye!" I shall take up my new post in August which ensures that the Teddy project will have time to grow and develop... I wonder if Dunoon Primary have class teddies?....

3 Comments:

  • At 4/04/2006 7:09 am, Blogger Ewan McIntosh said…

    Enjoy Dunoon Primary - my old primary school! I remember getting my first experience of computing there with Granny's Garden on the BBC micro in Mrs Sinclair's class.

    After seeing your Clustrmap you're so connected that moving physically isn't going to affect one of your communities at all.

    Enjoy your break!

     
  • At 4/04/2006 8:14 pm, Blogger ab said…

    Great to talk to you earlier Morag - I'm over the moon for you - fantastic news!

    So, what would a Dunoon Primary bear be called?

     
  • At 4/06/2006 5:36 pm, Blogger Morag Macdonald said…

    Might need to call it Macintosh after a rather famous computer or former pupil! .....Now that's an idea..??
    I am looking forward to the move now I am over the shock of actually getting the job...lots of exciting times ahead.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home