<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d22619568\x26blogName\x3dICT+in+action\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://tales-from-tighnabruaich.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://tales-from-tighnabruaich.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d3256462085123763469', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

ICT in action

What is happening in a school near you.

Friday, April 07, 2006

What clever girls!


Two of my colleagues have been busy this holiday working on their own personal developments. Marlyn has spent the week at Jordanhill on the first step towards chartered teacher. I had been considering this myself but must concentrate on my new PT post in the near future. I will be interested to find out about the course on her return.
My other colleague Cathy has sacrificed a few days of her holiday to spend time in a French school, shadowing a teacher who teaches English in a primary school, in a similar way to her teaching of French at Rothesay Primary. The fact that the school is in a ski resort in ' Les Alps' cut no ice with Cathy as she is not a skier ( well she might be by now! ). Not quite as exciting as a weekend in Campbeltown but I will hear all about it when I go overseas (to Bute).
I am going to help Cathy to set up her Skype account and I think I shall get her to start blogging! The more the merrier. Maybe our bears could learn a little French. After all, Cathy took a group of children to a French drama competition in Glasgow and performed 'We're going on a bear hunt"

5 Comments:

  • At 4/08/2006 2:48 pm, Anonymous Your Dad said…

    Took me best part of the afternoon to find your blog. looks like you are spending too much time blogging and less time e-mailing
    I like it!

     
  • At 4/10/2006 7:46 pm, Anonymous anne L said…

    Good to read your blog Morag and well done on your PT appointment.Remember to have a break from work -you're on holiday! Regards Anne.

     
  • At 4/13/2006 5:34 pm, Blogger Don said…

    Fiona told me about you getting the PT post - excellent well done you!

     
  • At 4/13/2006 11:38 pm, Blogger marlyn moffat said…

    Am I a professional? That's what I have been required to consider this week. I'm now thinking a professional what? Blogger? Communicator? Oh no! It's supposed to be a teacher. Can I do that anymore? The more I think about it, the less I feel it, but you can do this! You have the job to prove it! Proud of you!

     
  • At 4/16/2006 7:54 pm, Blogger Morag Macdonald said…

    Of course you are a professional Marlyn, thankyou for all your support and encouragement.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home