<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d22619568\x26blogName\x3dICT+in+action\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://tales-from-tighnabruaich.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://tales-from-tighnabruaich.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d3256462085123763469', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

ICT in action

What is happening in a school near you.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

If at first you don't succeed.........


On Thursday afternoon I fired up the IWB- (interactive whiteboard). It was choosing time and 2 of the children were raring to go on the board. For some unknown reason I was unable to get the computer to recognise the board therefore no interactivity. I checked all the leads/plugs etc, restarted everything- looked in the applications folder and checked the software to no avail.
On Friday I decided to uninstall the Promethean software and reinstall it using our own new software, hey presto, all working again. It is very strange as the computer had not been used since the day before when the board had worked fine. All the necessary components for the software appeared to be there, so who knows?

I now have a starting date for my new job. I finish at Tighnabruaich on the 9th of June and start at Dunoon Primary on the 12th. I have completed the National Tests at Level A that some of my class were ready to take and am well through my reports. I know the time will just fly in between now and the 9th as this term is always so busy.

I will be going to the Argyll and Bute Masterclass conference on the 30th May but only for the morning as I am attending the P1 induction afternoon at Dunoon Primary followed by a Parent's Meeting at the Grammar School with my youngest son who will be starting secondary in August.....all go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home