<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d22619568\x26blogName\x3dICT+in+action\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://tales-from-tighnabruaich.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://tales-from-tighnabruaich.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d3256462085123763469', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

ICT in action

What is happening in a school near you.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

It all happens at once!!


Following on from our very successful day out at A'Chleit beach on Kintyre and the meeting up of the two classes for a wonderful teddy bears picnic, the buzz just keeps going. On Monday all the children wrote a report on their day out. To enable the children to complete their writing we used our normal maths time as well...bit of flexibility!




Marlyn and I met up at Inveraray on Monday evening. We need to collate nd organise all the material the children have produced for the blog in preparation for our seminar presentation at SETT in September. LTScotland are providing accommodation for our stay in Glasgow. Both Marlyn and I are hoping to become SSDN mentors for Argyll and Bute and on Tuesday attended the final Masterclass conference where Neil Stewart from RM spoke to us about SSDN in detail.

In order to attend the P1 induction meeting for parents at Dunoon Primary, I had to leave early so missed most of the SSDN content and discussion. Marlyn of course, Skyped me later and filled me in on what I had missed. I spent an interesting afternoon at Dunoon Primary and faced a larger than I am used to audience of parents, whose youngsters are starting their school adventure for the first time. Survived that and I even remembered quite a few people's names!

Today the children have been typing short messages for the blog. We were able to post a few in school and will add more tomorrow. Technical hitches first thing. We have returned the borrowed whiteboard to Mr Brown- but do not worry- we wheeled the new board into the classroom and rearranged things to fit (this is a bigger board). I then had to reinstall all the Promethean software as it just would not work...aarrrgghhh. Back on track after playtime having spent the break reinstalling it all.

5 Comments:

  • At 5/31/2006 8:25 pm, Blogger ab said…

    Hi Morag - sorry you missed the second half of the Masterclass conference. I'll make sure the board goes to a good home! How do you and the children find the bigger board?

    The more I hear about ICT in the near future, the more excited I become about it. It may be the end of Masterclass, but the future looks like a great adventure!

     
  • At 6/01/2006 12:12 am, Blogger marlyn moffat said…

    The follow up writing has been terrific. Got volumes that I must get time to post on the teddy blog. You have to get a teddy for your new class. Was thinking..ooops..that's dangerous... she says....after the hols..there must be a way to continue this. P1 can't write it....so video blogging?? What thinkest thou? We made a start on the presentation, but we have so much more to do to get it togethether. I suppose that is why we get such long summer holdays.

     
  • At 6/01/2006 8:57 pm, Blogger Mary Hallan said…

    Hi Morag
    new to this blogging, got site from one of your fellow Argyll and Bute Masterclassers. It's so addictive. I'm a Masterclasser, SSDN mentor and member of East Ren's steering group. I am so impressed with what you are doing. We are much further ahead on SSDN, but I'm miles behind on blogging. After being in P.7 forever, I'm being dragged kicking and screaming into P.2 next year, but you have given me hope. Like all good primary teachers, I'm going to steal your ideas. I'm also going to register for your seminar at Sett. I'm looking forward to hearing about your projects, Good luck and keep blogging!
    Mary
    PS, looking at the multitude of "I'm"s I realise I have not fulfilled level E writing criteria, but what the heck, I now only need to worry about Level A.

     
  • At 6/01/2006 9:32 pm, Blogger Mary Hallan said…

    Hi Morag
    I'm new to this blogging, getting this site from one of your fellow Argyll and Bute Masterclassers and I'm addicted already. However, I've tried 3 times to post this comment without any success, so if three similar comments appear, you will know why.
    I'm a Masterclasser, SSDN mentor and SSDN steering group member for East Ren. We are quite far ahead with SSDN, but way behind you when it comes to blogging. I was so impressed when I read what you are doing. You have actually saved my sanity. I have taught P.7 forever, but will be dragged kicking and screaming out of my P.7 comfort zone next year to teach P.2. For the first time I am starting to see a light at the end of a very dark tunnel. Like all good primary teachers I am going to snaffle your ideas, but of course will give credit where credit is due.
    Booking into your seminar at SETT goes without saying, so good luck. You will be able to pick me out, as I look like Anne Robinson before surgery!
    I am astonished at what you have to do to become amentor. 8 of us were selected from the Masterclassers on the strength of our expertise and successful delivery of Inset. Two of us (teachers)were then asked to serve on the LA steering group which has been responsible for making all decisions regrding SSDN.
    keep on blogging, I look forward to the next instalment.
    Mary

     
  • At 6/02/2006 8:23 pm, Blogger Morag Macdonald said…

    Dear Mary
    Your comment will only appear once it has been verified by me. You will not see it until I post it. I have posted 3 so far. Thanks for your supportive comments. We have really enjoyed blogging and it has added such a motivational dimension to our work. We don't really want to stop. I am starting at Dunoon Primary as Principal Teacher- Infants and Pre-5 where I will have a P2 class on the 12th of June. Look forward to meeting you at SETT and learning more about SSDN...once we have jumped through the fiery hoops here in Argyll :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home